The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to a report entitled, “Judge faults EFCC over detention of Jonathan’s Cousin”, which appeared in a number of newspapers on Friday May 27, 2016. The syndicated story tended to create the wrong notion that Justice Olasumbo Goodluck of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, condemned the Commission for allegedly violating the fundamental rights of Roberts Azibaola, a suspect that is under investigation for receiving $40million in a phantom contract from the Office of the National Security Adviser.
The Nigeria National Risk Assessment Report, NRA, Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing have been identified as high risk areas in the fight against corruption.
Justice F. N. Yunusa of the Federal High Court sitting in Enugu on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 sentenced one Eugene Okpala, a 62-year old retired colonel to seven years imprisonment in a case of conspiracy, and obtaining by false pretence to the tune of N34.5million (thirty-four million, five hundred thousand naira) brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
- EFCC Re-Arraign Ajudua for $1m Scam
- Magu Preaches Integrity as Commission Launches ‘Clean Hands’ Campaign
- Armsgate: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Request for Medical Trip to UK
- Hajj Agent Bags Six Year Jail Term for N1.5m Fraud
- Armsgate: You Have A Case To Answer, A’Court Tells Metuh
- Suspected Land Scammer Gets N10m Bail
- DUD CHEQUE: EFCC ARRAIGNS WOMAN FOR N4MILLION FRAUD
- Arms Deal: How I Received N108m from Badeh - Witness
- Court Convicts Businessman for Money Laundering
- I Collected N1.3 billion from Badeh for Projects, Witness Tells Court