The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Friday, July 19, 2013 arrested Dr. Princewell Arinze Chukwueze, an alleged serial fraudster, over a $92,000(Ninety-Two Thousand United States Dollars) scam.
Chukwueze was arrested in Abuja by operatives of the EFCC after more than two months' frantic manhunt for him. His arrest followed an allegation of fraudulent transactions involving him and a notable Bureau de change operator in Lagos on May 10, 2013.
Justice Dije Abdu Aboki of the High Court of Kano State today July 22, 2013 convicted and sentenced Usman Salifu to two years imprisonment for stealing.
The chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Lamorde on Friday July 19, 2013 charged the newly recruited operatives of the Commission to uphold the tenet and core values of the Commission. "The agency that you are about to become a part of, is not your regular government agency. If you have not gotten that in the past six months, then you do not deserve to be here. We do not entertain or manage second-bests here; if there is any bar set in the public service for professionalism, EFCC surpasses it and if there is any bar set for integrity, EFCC easily scales it. Therefore, professionalism, integrity and discipline must be your watchwords at all times."
- EU Support, Key to EFCC - Lamorde
- N27Bn Scam: Court Rejects Utomi’s Bid To Re-examine Vital Exhibit
- How Don Duped Me $48.500 Over Eatery - Victim
- Bureau de Change Operator Docked for N10.3m Scam
- Recovered Assets: Lamorde Set to Appear Before House of Representatives
- N47Billion Scam: Akingbola Has Case to Answer
- Police Pension Scam: Onyegbula Drew Over 300 Cheques a Day - Witness
- N120m Fraud: EFCC Arraigns Man over Dud Cheques
- Money Laundering: Court Convicts Aminu Sule Lamido
- Securities Scam: Stock-broker Bags 30 Years Imprisonment