The arraignment of the former Bayelsa State governor, Timipre Marlin Sylva and six others before a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja did not go on today as earlier announced.
Sylva was to be re-arraigned following fresh evidence linking him with a bouquet of fraudulent transactions that borders on money laundering during his tenure as governor of Bayelsa State between 2009 and 2012.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arraigned Fisayo Ajibola before Justice O.A Ipaye of a Lagos High Court,Ikeja, on an 8-count charge bordering on possession of fraudulent documents and obtaining money by false pretence.
Three internet fraudsters who are being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on a 4-count charge that borders on conspiracy to obtain money by false pretence were Monday December 2, 2013 convicted and sentenced to four months imprisonment by a Federal High Court in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
- N19.2bn Scam: EFCC Re-arraigns Timipre Sylva December 3
- Fraudster Bags 7 Years Jail Term for $45,000 Scam
- EFCC Arraigns Fraudster for N28m Fraud
- N5.6bn Pension Scam: Court Denies Former Oyo State Head of Service, Others Bail
- National Task Force Coordinator, Osita Okereke To Remain in Prison
- Wonder Banker Arraigned for N60 million Fraud
- Court Convicts Fraudster for Non-Declaration of 7.8m CFA
- EFCC Arraigns Pastor for N40.2 million Fraud
- EFCC Arraigns Raymond Okemo for N34m Fraud
- EFCC Arraigns Fake National Task Force Coordinator