The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, March 24, 2014 told a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja that an application filed by Wole Olanipekun, SAN, counsel to a former Managing Director of Intercontinental Bank, Mr. Erastus Akingbola, challenging the jurisdiction of the court, was premature and a ploy to delay his trial.
Justice B.O.Quadri of the Federal High Court, Gombe today March 24, 2014 sentenced one Abubakar Dan-Inna alias Goni Bukar to 2 years imprisonment with hard labour. The convict, who was arraigned on October 3, 2013, was convicted on each of the two count charge of conspiracy and obtaining by false pretence.
A Laboratory Chemist, Idris Tahir who is a witness in the on-going trial of a police officer, Dodo Chilla Bulus, an Assistant Superintendent of Police today, March 24, 2014 told Justice E.S Chukwu of the Federal High Court, Abuja that the result of the analysis of the product allegedly siphoned by the accused and his cohorts confirmed that it was crude oil
- FLEEING SUSPECT KNOCKS DOWN EFCC OPERATIVE
- $1.69million Scam: EFCC OPPOSES BAIL FOR AJUDUA
- Again, Counsel Stalls Sylva’s Arraignment
- Pension Fraud: Defence Counsel’s withdrawal Stalls Hearing
- EFCC Docks Fake Soldier for Job Scam
- EFCC Arrests 4 Undergraduates, 3 Others for Internet Scam
- Pension Fraud: Court Refuses Variation of Bail Terms
- EFCC Partners UBEC to Fight Corruption
- Defence Stalls Arraignment of Sokoto Perm Sec
- N24bn Police Pension Fraud: Court Admits More Documents