An undergraduate of the University of Ibadan, 28-year- old Orowo Jesse Omokoh, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for allegedly obtaining Ninety Thousand Dollars ($90,000.) from one Mrs. Jette Jacob, an Australian based in Johannesburg, South Africa, in what is known as romance scam.
The United Sates government will continue to support efforts of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in tackling economic crimes and corruption in Nigeria. James Entwistle, new American Ambassador to Nigeria made the pledge in Abuja Monday February 3, 2014 when he paid a courtesy visit on the EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Lamorde.
More revelations emerged on Thursday January 30, 2014 at the on-going trial of Dayo Olagunju and six other executive officers of the National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult and Non-formal Education, IMEC being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC before Justice E.S Chukwu of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.
- EFCC Arraigns Former FCTA Director over Fraud
- Report Suspicious Transactions or Face The Law, Lamorde Charges Bank Executives
- Man Bags Seven Years Jail Terms Over Fraud …As a Phillipino Gets four Months Over Issuance of Dud Cheque
- N17m Scam: EFCC ARRAIGNS BUSINESSMAN FOR DUD CHEQUE
- Man Bags 9 Years Jail Term for Attempting to Defraud Army General
- N10bn Pension Scam: Judge Flays Defence Counsel Over Frivolous Adjournment
- Assist Money Launderers and Face the law- Lamorde Warns Bureau De Change Operators
- EFCC Arraigns Businessman for N20m Dud Cheque
- Customs Boss Impersonator Bags 3 Months Jail Term
- EFCC Docks Three Suspected Oil Thieves